· CUA confirmed as headline sponsor for Sponsored Entrepreneur Program
· Call for Brisbane and Queensland startups to apply for free program
· Applications close Friday 24 July
Brisbane, 6 July 2015: Co-working community River City Labs has teamed up with Australia’s largest customer-owned financial services provider, CUA, for their renowned, three-month Sponsored Entrepreneur Program, and is calling on local startups and entrepreneurs to apply today.
The Program will offer five entrepreneurs a fully paid, three-month mentoring experience to assist with growing their startup idea into a viable business. Winners will receive full-time desk membership at the Fortitude Valley startup hub, access to River City Labs training and networking events, and a number of additional benefits, including legal, marketing and PR recommendations.
Josh Anthony, Community Manager at River City Labs, said: “It’s really exciting that we are in a position to keep these Sponsored Entrepreneur Programs running. A free, three-month mentorship is a fantastic opportunity for an early-stage startup to really kick-start and grow their business, and take advantage of all the perks and benefits that come out of joining a co-working community.”
“The last installment of the Program finished up in May and saw local, Brisbane startup, Zenva Academy, carry out an impressive $30,000 kickstarter campaign, which just goes to show what sort of outcome is possible for applicants.”
CUA’s General Manager, Business Transformation & Technology, Sue Coulter, said she was thrilled to confirm CUA’s 12-month sponsorship of River City Lab’s hosted Entrepreneur Program.
“This is a really exciting opportunity for CUA to gain access to fresh, new ideas from some of Queensland’s brightest and most talented technology entrepreneurs, as well as support them to turn their startup ideas into a business,” she said.
“CUA is very focused on enhancing and expanding our digital capabilities and the mobile and online services we provide to customers, and this relationship with River City Labs is just one example of how we’re investing in innovation.”
· Applications Close: Friday 24 July 2015
· Interviews/Pitches: Thursday 30 July 2015
· Finalists Announced: Friday 31 July 2015
· Residency: Monday 3 August 2015 – Thursday 29 October 2015
Key Criteria for the applicants:
1. Entrepreneurs can apply as individuals or as members of a Startup team.
2. Entrepreneurs must have proof they have started working on their idea/ business via a current prototype, website, operating business.
3. Applications are open to entrepreneurs of all ages, gender, background and experience.
4. Current and past members of River City Labs are eligible to apply.
5. Entrepreneurs must be available to commit to work on their business on a full-time basis (minimum 5 days per week for the 3 month period) to develop their business further.
6. Entrepreneurs must be willing to share challenges, problems, and hurdles with the River City Labs community to access help from startup peers and mentors.
7. Entrepreneurs must be willing to share their startup journey, story and personal business profile with the River City Labs Program representative and Sponsor representative for publicity and marketing purposes.
8. No Non-Disclosure Agreements will be signed as part of this program.
For all the latest news and announcements, follow River City Labs on twitter at @RiverCityLabs.
– Ends –
About River City Labs:
River City Labs is Brisbane’s premier co-working community and central clubhouse for tech startups. They are a not-for-profit organisation aimed at fostering Queensland’s startup ecosystem.
Current membership sits at over 100 members ranging from early stage startups and founders to established startups and entrepreneurs who have successfully raised capital in the last 18 months.
River City Labs focuses on providing the right environment for entrepreneurs to make valuable contacts while learning from peers, mentors and industry experts helping them to connect, work and grow.
CUA is Australia’s largest customer-owned financial institution. We started out with an inspired idea to give Australians a fairer deal, and today our commitment to help our customers enrich their lives remains at the heart of our business.
Our profits go back to customers as better-value banking products and services, rather than being paid out as dividends to shareholders. We also offer a range of insurance options, including health insurance to help you care for your family.
CUA provides customers with access to their money through rediATMs, which has a network of more than 3,000 ATMs across Australia, as well as through our 59 branches, via online banking and on our mobile banking app.
You can also get in touch with us and join the conversation on social media – receive the latest news and updates, share what makes your life rich or have your say on what’s important to you.