· Bank of Queensland returns as headline sponsor for Sponsored Entrepreneur Program
· Call for Brisbane and Queensland startups to apply for free program
· Applications close Sunday 18 January
Brisbane, 14 January 2015: Co-working community River City Labs has joined forces with the Bank of Queensland for a new round of their groundbreaking Sponsored Entrepreneur Program.
Launched last September, the Sponsored Entrepreneur Program will provide five worthy Entrepreneurs the opportunity to embark on a customised, three-month mentoring program to help turn their startup idea into a new business. Entrepreneurs will receive desk space at the Fortitude Valley startup hub, access to River City Labs training and networking events, and a plethora of business-oriented services including access to legal advice and marketing and PR recommendations.
Steve Baxter, entrepreneur, Shark on Shark Tank Australia and founder of River City Labs, said it was a very positive sign for the State that a visionary corporate such as the Bank of Queensland recognised the importance of backing new entrepreneurs with groundbreaking ideas.
“Queensland needs more options for budding tech entrepreneurs and early-stage startups, so we are really excited to have the Bank of Queensland’s ongoing sponsorship for this program. It’s all about giving that first boost to someone with a great business idea to help them get it off the ground. It takes just one of these entrepreneurs to be successful in their venture for the whole state to experience the economic benefits through the jobs and wealth created.”
River City Labs is calling on any interested entrepreneurs to apply for a corporate sponsored membership for their startup at: https://www.f6s.com/brisbanesponsoredentrepreneursprogram#/apply. The offer includes full-time desk membership, structured mentoring, and partnership and publicity opportunities for three months, fully paid.
Andrew Murrell, General Manager of Digital & Direct Channels, Retail & Online Banking at Bank of Queensland, commented: “We were blown away by some of the great companies that participated in the first phase of the sponsored Entrepreneur Program. By continuing our engagement, we hope to show that we share in River City Lab’s overarching mission to encourage our State’s startups. The early stages are often the most financially challenging for new ventures, so it’s a great opportunity for us to back new entrepreneurs and help support their business development.”
• Applications Close: Sunday 18 January 2015
• Finalists Announced: Thursday 29 January 2015
• Residency: Monday 2 February 2015 – Friday 24 April 2015
Key Criteria for the applicants:
1. Entrepreneurs can apply as individuals or as members of a Startup team.
2. Entrepreneurs must have proof they have started working on their idea/ business via a current prototype, website, operating business.
3. Applications are open to Entrepreneurs of all ages, gender, background and experience.
4. Current and past members of River City Labs are able to apply.
5. Entrepreneurs must be available to commit to work on their business on a full-time basis (minimum 5 days per week for the 3 month period) to develop their business further.
6. Entrepreneurs must be willing to share challenges, problems, and hurdles with the River City Labs community to access help from Startup peers and mentors.
7. Entrepreneurs must be willing to share their Startup journey, story and personal business profile with the River City Labs Program representative and Sponsor representative for publicity and marketing purposes.
8. No Non-Disclosure Agreements will be signed as part of this program.
– Ends –
Ashford Pritchard, Launch Group
Laura Blue, Launch Group
About River City Labs
River City Labs is Brisbane’s premier co-working community and central clubhouse for tech startups. They are a not-for-profit organisation aimed at fostering Queensland’s startup ecosystem.
Current membership sits at over 100 members ranging from early stage startups and founders to established startups and entrepreneurs who have successfully raised capital in the last 18 months.
River City Labs focuses on providing the right environment for entrepreneurs to make valuable contacts while learning from peers, mentors and industry experts helping them to connect, work and grow.